My oh, my… Ooopsies! ? This follow-up post took a LOT longer than I had intended and for that, I do apologise! My personal life over the last 3 months, actually more like the last 13 months (but more about that will be found in my book), has closely resembled a multifaceted roller coaster! The past weeks have left me barely any time or creative energy to be able to deliver a post to you – one that is worth your merit, anyhow – so I thought it best to abstain.
Thankfully, I now seem to have the headspace and zeal to write this follow-up post! Perhaps a bit too much zeal, as I dug a lot deeper and wrote a lot more than I had planned! Nonetheless, that means more juicy content and 2 blog posts birthed from the original one – Yippeee! ?
So here we go with part 1 of 2 of A Balancing Guide to your 7 Main Chakras. And the subject could not be more appropriate, seeing the way things have been lately, so let’s balance away!
As explained in my previous blog, Energy Wheels Within Us, understanding our chakras can definitely enhance our life. Now that we have had a look at a general overview of each chakra and its functions, it would be helpful to explore what we can do to open a chakra that is closed or balance a chakra that is imbalanced.
When I initially began to delve into information about the 7 main chakras, I discovered that most of mine were blocked! So there was some work to do indeed! Balancing your chakras, like most spiritual pursuits, is not akin to getting a degree. Once you get a degree you are done and certified for the knowledge you have learned so far – check. Acquiring knowledge and applying it in the spiritual sense, is more like being on an eternal see-saw. You could have perfectly balanced chakras one week and the following week an event happens, that imbalances one or more of your chakras, just like that. The one constant that we can rely on in this Universe is change. Therefore, as the Universe is constantly in motion and nothing is set in stone, one needs to keep attuning to remain balanced. Somewhat irritating but undeniably true…
I was interested to see how I could break through my chakras blockade and bring myself into alignment energetically. Thankfully, there is more than one way to bring our chakras back into alignment, so I suggest that you choose the way that resonates with you the most, as that is likely to have the highest effect for your personally.
As you would by now have a good idea from Energy Wheels Within Us which of your chakras needs some attention, you can use any of the ways listed below to balance them. If you feel as though a particular chakra is closed and needs some extra attention, you can utilise all of the suggestions given hereunder, should you wish to? That is entirely up to you. ?
What I learnt is that the vibrations of the chakras start at a low vibrational frequency at the Root Chakra and increase in frequency all the way up to the Crown Chakra. In this post, we will focus on balancing the first 4 chakras and that can be done as follows:
MULADHARA ~ Once the Root Chakra is balanced you will feel centred, secure, grounded and vibrant. You will not have any doubts about your place in the world and things will work for you with regards to your finances and career. You will feel safe and work with the world and not against it, allowing you to easily manifest abundance. You can rebalance this chakra by doing the following:
- Colour Healing: Wear, focus and meditate on the colour RED. Visualise a red lotus flower or a large vibrant ruby at the base of your spine. Surround yourself with red flowers or light a red candle and focus on your Root Chakra and this will also have a balancing effect.
- Sound Healing: Listen to the musical note “C” as this note vibrates in harmony with your Root Chakra. Similarly, chant the Bija (seed) mantra “LAM”, as it resonates with the energy of this chakra and will have a tuning effect.
- Nutritional Healing: Eat red foods such as strawberries, red apples, tomatoes, red peppers, cherries, red cabbage etc. As the Root Chakra is the centre of grounding, eating root vegetables such as potatoes, garlic, turnips, carrots, parsnips, onions and beetroot, can have a wonderful grounding effect.
- Nature Healing: Muladhara’s element is Earth. To connect with Earth energy simply go out and experience the sounds and smells of nature. Walk outside barefoot, sit on the grass and find a nice tree to sit under. Give the tree a nice big hug – It is so healing! You could also just do some gardening or spend some time with your plants, to absorb earthly energies and benefit your Root Chakra.
- Crystal Healing: Surround yourself with or wear crystals such as ruby, garnet, hematite, black tourmaline, red jasper, obsidian, bloodstone, smoky quartz, black or red onyx.
- Movement Healing: Practice yoga poses such as staff posture, child’s pose, crab, bridge, half warrior and garland pose.
- Essential Oils Healing: Use any of these oils or combine them: patchouli, rosewood, cedarwood, sandalwood, musk and vetiver.
- Affirmations Healing: “I am more powerful than I can even begin to imagine, for I am Spirit in matter. I feel grounded and secure in my body. I am safe and I trust the universe to support me in all ways. I am loved by Mother Earth and at peace with my surroundings, the people and the events that occur in my life. I am strong and I can support myself. Thank You.”
SVADISTHANA ~ When your Sacral Chakra is balanced you will experience an emotional connection to others and possess a sense of creativity. You will enjoy being friendly and feel comfortable relating to others, in an open manner. You will be at ease with your sexuality and have no problems with intimacy. You will feel satisfied, vital and have a passion for life and want to live it to the full! You can rebalance this chakra by doing the following:
- Colour Healing: Wear, focus and meditate on the colour ORANGE. Picture an orange lotus flower or a bright orange sun at sunset, in the pelvic area under your navel. Surround yourself with orange flowers or light an orange candle and focus on your Sacral Chakra, for a balancing effect.
- Sound Healing: Listen to the musical note “D” as this note vibrates
in harmony with your Sacral Chakra. Similarly, chant the Bija (seed) mantra “VAM” as it resonates with the energy of this chakra and will have a harmonising effect.
- Nutritional Healing: Eat orange foods such as oranges, papaya, pumpkin, sweet
potatoes, butternut squash, peaches, clementines etc. to aid in balancing the Sacral Chakra.
- Nature Healing: Svadisthana’s element is Water. Connecting with Water energy can be done by going out in nature and relaxing near open water such as lakes, rivers, streams or the sea. Walking barefoot alongside the ocean’s shore or dipping your feet in the water will help the energy flow. You can also embrace water energy from the comfort of your own home by just having a shower or indulging in a lovely, relaxing bath. This will have the additional effect of calming your emotions too. Drinking plenty of water is also healing and cleansing. And, it will not only benefit your Sacral Chakra but also your whole being. Highly recommended!
- Crystal Healing: Surround yourself or wear crystals such as carnelian, amber, orange calcite, citrine, golden agate and topaz.
- Movement Healing: Practice yoga poses such as open angle pose, bound angle pose, easy pose, reverse warrior, seated goddess pose, goddess pose and low lunge. Also expressing your creativity through dancing, music, singing, writing or any other art will help balance Svadisthana.
- Essential Oils Healing: Use any of these oils or combine them: jasmine, rose, ylang-ylang, sandalwood and clary sage.
- Affirmations Healing: “I am creative! I am joyful and my life is filled with pleasure! Everybody in my life loves, supports and respects me. I love, honour and respect myself and I allow myself to indulge in life’s luxuries often. I acknowledge and accept my sexuality and I allow every emotion to flow through me. I give myself permission to feel all that I feel and I am unafraid to be my authentic self. Having fun and allowing myself to rest is a sacred part of my life. I enjoy all the pleasures and beauty that life has to offer and I live life passionately and filled with enthusiasm! Thank You.“
MANIPURA ~ As you tune your Solar Plexus Chakra you will enjoy feelings of inner harmony and complete self-acceptance. You will feel empowered and have healthy self-esteem. You will comfortably control your emotions and thoughts and your ego mind will be tamed and have no undesirable assertions over your actions and decisions. You will experience a sense of balance within yourself and have self-respect, an appreciation of your life and the people within it and be sure of your place in the Universe. The energy of a balanced Solar Plexus will radiate warmth and joy throughout you and all who come into contact with you.
- Colour Healing: Wear, focus and meditate on the colour YELLOW. Envision a sunflower or a bright yellow sun below your ribcage. Surround yourself with yellow flowers or light a yellow candle and focus on your Solar Plexus Chakra, as this will also have a harmonising effect.
- Sound Healing: Listen to the musical note “E” as this note vibrates in harmony with the solar plexus chakra. Similarly, chant the Bija (seed) mantra “RAM” as it resonates with the energy of this chakra and will have an opening and aligning effect.
- Nutritional Healing: Eat yellow foods such as pineapple, mango, yellow tomatoes, yellow peppers, lemons, turmeric, sweet corn, bananas etc. to assist in balancing the Solar Plexus.
- Nature Healing: Manipura’s element is Fire. To connect with fire energy go for a walk in the sunshine or enjoy some beach time to align Manipura, with the added benefit of boosting your vitamin D levels! Or you can sit next to a live fire such as a campfire or an indoor fireplace for a rapid healing effect!
- Crystal Healing: Surround yourself with or wear crystals such as jasper, tiger’s eye, citrine, yellow tourmaline, yellow topaz, yellow calcite.
- Movement Healing: Practice yoga poses such as half boat pose, boat pose, seated spinal twist and warrior poses. Pilates is fabulous for balancing this chakra as it focuses solely on core strengthening. Martial arts will boost your Solar Plexus too, as not only is it a core strengthener but it is also highly self-empowering!
- Essential Oils Healing: Use any of these oils or combine them: geranium, juniper, neroli, peppermint, ginger, mandarin and bergamot.
- Affirmations Healing: “ I am confident and I stand in my power. I accept full responsibility for the creation of my reality and I release all victim mentality, thereby reclaiming my personal power! I can see clearly as I have perfect vision. I am positively empowered with healthy self-esteem. I am highly successful in all my ventures. I am fearless and I step forward in my path feeling fully empowered. I am light. Thank You.”
ANAHATA ~ Once your Heart Chakra is balanced you will feel compassionate and empathetic to all life forms, seeing their true, Divine nature clearly. You will understand others and accept them for who they are and you will not judge or be critical of their actions or your own. You will experience deep self-love and love unconditionally. You will be peaceful, nurturing, feel a sense of wholeness and be able to receive and express abundant love. Your sense of self will no longer be limited to the ego, as your consciousness will expand causing you to realise that to love others is to love oneself, as we are all One in spiritual truth. You can rebalance Anahata by doing the following:
- Colour Healing: Wear, focus and meditate on the colour GREEN or Pink. Imagine a soothing, emerald green light or a beautiful, fully bloomed pink rose in your heart centre. Surround yourself with plants (especially those with pink flowers) or light a green or a pink candle and focus on your Heart Chakra to open and align it.
- Sound Healing: Listen to the musical note “F” as this note vibrates in harmony with the Heart Chakra. Similarly, chant the Bija (seed) mantra “YAM” as it resonates with the energy of this chakra and will have a balancing effect.
- Nutritional Healing: Eat green foods such as avocados, green apples, broccoli, kiwis, cucumbers, celery, leafy greens etc. As the Heart Chakra also has a secondary colour, eating pink foods such as raspberries, pink grapefruit, radishes and guava, will also have a harmonising effect.
- Nature Healing: Anahata’s element is Air. To connect with air energy is easy to do on a windy day! However, you will probably feel more soothed if you are outside in a gentle breeze, as opposed to gale force winds! As nature is largely green, surrounding yourself with trees or lying down on the grass will help tune your heart chakra, especially if you are enjoying a lovely breeze whilst doing so. If you are lucky enough to experience pink skies at sunrise or sunset, this will surely have a marvellous effect!
- Crystal Healing: Surround yourself with or wear crystals such as rose quartz, aventurine, jade, kunzite, emerald, malachite and rhodochrosite.
- Movement Healing: Practice yoga poses such as camel posture, bridge pose, wheel pose, bow pose, scorpion pose, fish pose and cobra pose.
- Essential Oils Healing: Use any of these oils or combine them: rose, chamomile, marjoram, jasmine, lavender and frankincense.
- Affirmations Healing: “I Am Love. I forgive myself and everybody in my life. I am a clear conduit through which Source’s loving light continually flows. I am loved, I am loveable and I am loving. All of my relationships are healthy including the one with myself. I shower unconditional love, unconditional forgiveness and loving kindness over myself and all others. I am compassionate towards myself and others. I am at peace. Thank You.”
Having open and balanced chakras ensures our physical, mental and emotional well-being. Indians believe that all physical ailments and emotional dissonances come from the imbalance of one or more of the chakras. When disturbing mental or material manifestations arise, it is helpful to return towards the self and connect with your chakras. Their input is always naturally healing and precious.
I hope that this post will help bring some balance into your life – for your first 4 chakras at least! ? The next post will cover the remaining 3 chakras, though until then it is best to begin experimenting with balancing the lower chakras first, so as one can be properly grounded. And fear not – you will definitely be reading the follow-up post this month as it is already almost ready hahaha! ???
Have a wonderful day! ? I am sending starlight your way! ?? ?
Special thanks to pixabay.com for all the lovely images.??