So here it is – the final part of the blog posts relating to bringing our Chakras back into balance!! If you missed the first one Energy Wheels Within Us, which gives an overview of each chakra and their functions or the second one The 7 Main Chakras – A Balancing Guide – Part 1 that talks about bringing the first 4 chakras into balance, perhaps it’s best to go check them out, so as you are up to speed.?
As we have discussed, the chakras are energetic openings that appear in various forms and colours. They can be found on both the ventral and dorsal parts of the body. For example, the heart chakra is located in the middle of the chest region and also, has a correspondent chakra that radiates light in the back. All chakras spin in a certain direction, depending on the person’s physical, emotional and mental health. How the chakras appear, move and feel, determine the wellness of the person.
I feel the need to mention once again, that keeping your chakras in balance is not a one-time affair. It’s a bit like nutrition. You don’t eat all that you need for a full week on Monday and thereby, you are sorted for the rest of the week (now wouldn’t that be handy!?). Technically we need to eat around 3 times a day, every day, to keep our bodies healthy and functioning to their optimum. Similarly, it takes regular maintenance to keep our chakras in check, just like it does with anything else – if we want the results to be long-lasting. Having said that if you turn some of the suggestions below into good habits, it will be easier than you think.?
As mentioned in the first part of this blog post: The 7 Main Chakras – A Balancing Guide – Part 1, you would now have a good idea from Energy Wheels Within Us, which of your chakras needs some attention. Any or all of the ways listed below can be used to restore balance. If you feel as though a particular chakra is closed and needs some extra attention, why not go all out and use all of them!
In this post, I will share with you how to balance the Throat Chakra all the way up to the Crown Chakra. The vibrations of these chakras are higher in frequency and it is advisable to open and balance the lower chakras first. So once that has been fulfilled, you are able to focus on balancing the remaining 4 chakras, which can be done as follows:
VISHUDDHA ~ As you rebalance the Throat Chakra you are able to communicate honestly, clearly and effectively, as well as being a good listener. You will have clear boundaries and implement them with ease. You will have learned to take responsibility for your own needs and you will know what you want out of life and be unafraid to ask for it, together with being able to receive it effortlessly. Your relationships will be based on truthful communication and genuine intimacy and you will have trust in the Universe. You will be free to express yourself creatively and authentically! You can rebalance it by doing the following:
- Colour Healing: Wear, focus and meditate on the colour LIGHT BLUE. Visualise a clear blue sky or crystal clear turquoise seas or a large ball of blue light, in your throat area. Surround yourself with light blue flowers or light a blue candle and concentrate on your Throat Chakra to bring Vishuddha back into equilibrium.
- Sound Healing: Listen to the musical note “G” as this note vibrates in harmony with the Throat Chakra. Similarly, chant the Bija (seed) mantra “HAM” a to tune it, as it resonates with the energy of this chakra.
- Nutritional Healing: I find the concept incredibly intriguing that foods that grow on trees, such as apples, lemons, plums, figs and cherries are said to be true to themselves, as they fall off the tree when they are ripe and require little or no effort for one to indulge in their goodness! Thereby, they are totally in alignment with the Throat Chakra. In addition, eat foods that are lubricating and moistening for the mouth and throat to balance this chakra such as most fruits, as they tend to have a high water content together with fluids like healthy soups, sauces, tea etc. And of course, eating blue foods such as blueberries.
- Nature Healing: Vishuddha’s element is Aether/Sound. To connect with Aether energy enjoy time outside, preferably under a beautiful blue sky and mediate, being open to all that is. Meditation stills the mind and is important for all the chakras and will benefit your life in general (But that is another blog post!?)… However, the Throat Chakra enables us to connect to our Higher Self and clearly receive messages from the Universe. Furthermore, connecting to Sound such humming, chanting and singing or listening to binaural beats will be beneficial. In addition, doing anything that allows us to express ourselves creatively, for example, dancing or journaling will also help balance this chakra.
- Crystal Healing: Wear or surround yourself with crystals such as turquoise, aquamarine, chrysocolla, blue agate, sodalite, larimar, blue aragonite and kyanite.
- Movement Healing: Practice yoga poses such as seated cat-cow pose, plow pose, shoulder stand pose, lion pose, upward plank and king pigeon pose.
- Essential Oils Healing: Use any of these oils or combine them: blue chamomile, eucalyptus, myrrh, tea tree and petitgrain.
- Affirmations Healing: “It is safe for me to speak freely and with confidence and to listen from my heart. I fully accept myself and my feelings and I know that I am worthy of expressing how I honestly feel. I express my truth creatively and lovingly. I convey my True Self openly and honestly and I create the life that I deeply desire. I give myself permission to be heard, listened to, and acknowledged. Everything I do, say and create is an expression of Love. Thank You.”
AJNA ~ Once the Third Eye Chakra begins to balance you will begin to open up to Infinite Intelligence and fully understand that you are the co-creator of your reality. You will be able to concentrate and focus as needed, learn easily, have a good memory, perceive accurate perceptions and begin to see the connection between intelligence and intuition. Once the Brow Chakra is fully clear you will be able to experience higher states of consciousness, allowing you to receive messages from your Spirit Guides, Angels, Ascended Masters and other Enlightened Beings and also to astral travel. This is NOT a process that happens overnight and it is HIGHLY advisable that you begin to centre yourself fully by balancing your chakras from the root upwards, so as you are properly grounded! You can rebalance Ajna by doing the following:
- Colour Healing: Wear, focus and meditate on the colour INDIGO. Visualise a bright ball of deep blue light on your forehead or imagine a giant, brilliant sapphire resting on and charging your Brow Chakra. Surround yourself with deep blue flowers or light a deep blue candle and relax, whilst you focus on your Third Eye Chakra and this will also help balance it.
- Sound Healing: Listen to the musical note “A” as this note vibrates in harmony with the Third Eye Chakra. Similarly, chant the Bija (seed) mantra “AUM (OM)” as it resonates with the energy of this chakra and will tune it.
- Nutritional Healing: Brain foods such as flaxseeds, nuts, chia seeds and vegetables, that are high in unsaturated omega-3 fats are great for the Third Eye Chakra. Berries such as blueberries and strawberries are powerful antioxidants and can aid in our cognitive thinking, memory and ability to learn. Spices are not only flavourful but mightily medicinal as well, as they reduce brain aging, among other benefits e.g. turmeric. And happily, chocolate! Dark chocolate both stimulates and replenishes this chakra, making it one of the most powerful foods for Ajna! Now that is news I do like to hear! ???
- Nature Healing: Ajna’s element is Light. To connect with Light energy we must once again enjoy the benefits of the sun. As guided for the Solar Plexus and the Throat Chakra, being outside on a sunny day and taking it all in will help balance this chakra too. Simply spend some time focusing on the chakra you wish to balance using the powerful brilliance of the sun and there you have it, 3 for 1! Wonderful!
- Crystal Healing: Surround yourself with crystals such as sapphire, lapis lazuli, azurite, labradorite, blue aventurine, blue calcite, sodalite and blue tourmaline,
- Movement Healing: Practice yoga poses such as standing forward bend pose, downward facing dog pose, head to knee pose, child’s pose, dolphin pose and sleeping swan pose.
- Essential Oils Healing: Use any of these oils or combine them: angelic root, bay laurel, cypress, clary sage, elemi and peppermint.
- Affirmations Healing: “I AM. I remember who I AM. I can see and think clearly and I know that all is well, for I am directly connected to Universal Intelligence. I can see solutions to all challenging situations and I make positive changes accordingly. I see through Source’s eyes and Source sees through mine, as I am one with my Creator. I have the power to manifest all my desires now and always and my dreams are coming true. I am one with the high vibration of the infinite and unlimited Universe. Thank You.”
SAHASRARA ~ Once the Crown Chakra is open and clear you will realise that you are truly connected to All-That-Is and with this knowing comes an expansive compassion for all life, with a gateway to eternal bliss and Infinite Wisdom. You will feel tranquil, complete, self-aware, open-minded, thoughtful and be more connected to your spiritual nature. You will experience a strong sense of humanitarianism and devotion to the well-being of others because you recognise them as a part of you, rather than separate. You will have a great intuitive knowledge and develop an innate trust in the Divine. You will be aware of your spiritual self and be selflessly devoted to the well-being of others because you see them as a part of you, rather than as separate. You can rebalance it by doing the following:
- Colour Healing: Wear, focus and meditate on the colour VIOLET, White or Gold. Visualise a giant amethyst and focus on this chakra or a large bright violet, white or gold ball of light on top of your head, or dye your hair purple (just kidding!?). Surround yourself with purple or white flowers or light a violet, white or gold candle and focus on your Crown Chakra and this will have a harmonising effect.
- Sound Healing: Listen to the musical note “B” as this note vibrates in harmony with Sahasrara. There seems to be some uncertainty over the mantras for this chakra. A lot of the research that I have done indicates that the sound for the Crown Chakra is SILENCE. I must admit that this does ring true but I also resonate with the fact that “AUM (OM)” is the sound of creation. Therefore, I concur with those that suggest chanting OM, in the musical note B, to tune this chakra. Experiment and see what works for you. ?
- Nutritional Healing: Eat purple or white foods such as purple asparagus, cauliflower, turnips, mushrooms, eggplant, onions, purple cabbage, plums, purple grapes, black currants and raisins. I haven’t run into any gold food as of yet, that is actually edible.? Choose pure and fresh foods, drink plenty of water (again!) and avoid processed and packaged food. Interestingly, associated with the Crown Chakra is fasting. I feel this makes sense as you will begin to connect strongly to your light body. Should you not wish to take it this far, why not start a gentle detox?
- Nature Healing: Sahasrara’s element is Cosmic Energy (Inner Light) or Thought. The best way to connect with Cosmic Energy is simply is to meditate. Taking time to shut out the outside world and focus on connecting with our Higher Self is the fastest pathway to opening this chakra. For example, whilst closing your eyes and focusing on your breath, imagine the bright white light of creation coming from inside of you and filling you up radiantly. The benefits of mediation are many! In addition, Cosmic Energy is present in all beings, so choosing to see this inner light in all of creation will have a positive and balancing effect.
- Crystal Healing: Wearing diamonds, or any precious stone mentioned here will harmonise this chakra – now, who doesn’t love to do that?!? Or you can just surround yourself with crystals such as amethyst, selenite, sugilite, clear quartz, charoite, phenacite, opal, danburite, iolite and of course diamond.
- Movement Healing: Practice yoga poses such as supported headstand pose, half lotus pose, lotus pose, tree pose, mountain pose, corpse pose and reclining bound angle pose.
- Essential Oils Healing: Use any of these oils or combine them: lotus, helichrysum, gurjun, galbanum, lavender and spikenard.
- Affirmations Healing: “I AM. I am one with the Universe and all beings. I AM LIGHT. I trust my Higher Self to guide me through life, via my intuition. All events, circumstances and people in my life are here to teach me so that I may grow and expand and I am grateful. I am faith. I am a Divine spiritual being. I am knowing. I am perfectly balanced between heaven and earth and all areas of my life are in harmony with the greater good. I am pure love. I AM THAT I AM.”
It is so rewarding once we start to do good things for ourselves and begin to take positive action to make ourselves feel better! I truly believe that once we feel better, we live better in all ways. Healing the chakras will be a gentle transformation for your entire being.
?Breathe In LIGHT and Breathe Out LOVE! ?
Happy Balancing! ✨ Sending healing starlight… ⭐ ?
Special thanks to pixabay.com for all the lovely images.??